Sunday, April 7, 2013

FO: Fiddlehead Mittens

The good news? I can check off Fair Isle and mittens from my 2013 Knitting goals. (And when you add in those first socks, I've hit everything on my list by early April.)

fiddleheads1

Pattern: Fiddlehead Mittens by Adrian Bizilia
Yarn: Mirasol Yarn Tupa (Tiger's Eye) and Plymouth Yarn Kudo (49: Green, Teal, Brown), lined with After the Sheep Panda (Butterscotch)

fiddleheads2

The bad news: They're too small — I clearly overcompensated when I frogged the too-big third of the first mitt. So guess who got lucky?

fiddleheads3

Yes, Izzy really was that excited to claim them as her own. There's that. And there's the fact that they coordinate with the too-small hat she also claimed.

So after a brief mourning period, I did what any good knitter would do: I ordered more yarn. And since I enjoyed this further foray into colorwork, I'm excited to cast on another pair.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Those are stunning. Are you going to let her wear them to school?

    ReplyDelete