Sunday, October 20, 2013

FO Parade: Fall Fields

Last weekend, the Finishing Frenzy continued with blocking and photographs. Most even made it into Ravelry before I ran out of time. Oh, for more three-day weekends...

I'm going to queue up some blog posts now that the FOs are truly and completely finished — and before this weekend fades away, too.

A local yarn store closed its doors in August. Always a bitter-sweet event. Along with a half-priced sweater's worth of Malabrigo and all the Noro I need for the POP blanket I intend to knit after I get this current wave of sock knitting out of my system, I picked up a lone skein. With all my favorite colors intertwined, I just couldn't pass it by despite the high acrylic and rayon content. In fact, I was compelled to cast on that very day. And talk about a Pride & Prejudice moment: I love the result.

October Cowl 2

Pattern: Fields of Wheat by Varant Ekmekjian
Yarn: Berroco Boboli (Ginger Scone)

october cowl

While fall seems to be a no-show this year in Minnesota, today's snowflakes up North are a clear sign this is about to get lots of use.

1 comment:

  1. Those colors are stunning, acrylic or no! Love the arts and crafts wheat motif, too.

    ReplyDelete