Thursday, July 25, 2013

FO: Maroo Mitts

Not only did our week at the cabin afford me time to knit to my heart's content, it also gave me a great backdrop to take pics of some FOs. These fingerless mitts were finished and blocked a few weeks before our trip but fell victim to rainy weekends when it came to photography.

mitts 3

Pattern: Maroo Mitts by Ambah O'Brien
Yarn: TFA Blue Label (Olive, Squash, & Olive Truffle)

mitts1

These were a fun, easy knit, and I'd like to give a special shout-out to the designer, who offered up the pattern for free on her birthday. May her generosity return to her throughout the year!

The other blessing about the pattern was that it offered the chance to use some of my scraps. I especially love the Squash OOAK with its pinkish hits in the gold. And since I gifted the shawl I knit with it, this way I get to still enjoy the color and touch of cashmere.

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh. They're beautiful. Love the "wave"motif at the top.

    ReplyDelete