Sunday, October 6, 2013

Finishing Frenzy

I've been busy knitting up a storm for the past two months, but not good about finishing and even worse about blogging. Gigantic work deadline got in the way. But now that the beta version of the site has finally launched, it's time to get back to business.

Saturday, I went a little crazy. I started by weaving in the ends of five dishcloths and one dishtowel that I knit in a stash- and stress-busting frenzy that started mid-September. That led to weaving in more ends (a shawl and two cowls). Then adding the thumbs on a pair of fingerless mitts that had been languishing for more than a month. I finished the finishing by ripping back and re-knitting the toes on too-big socks. Here's the pile I ended up with; now for the blocking...

october-frenzy

And since I'm in catch-up mode, here are a pair of socks I finished in August and gifted to my mother.

cabin socks 1

Pattern: A Good, Plain Sock by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Yarn: Crazy Zauberball (Spring Is Here)

And here is a baby hat that got the quickest of photoshoots before going into the gift bag.

dino

Pattern: Dinofied Wee Balaclava by by mama cerise
Yarn: Cascade 200 (Lichen) & Ella Rae Classic (Yellow-Lime Heather) 

Time for a break...aka, more knitting! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty pile!!! And I love that hat. Makes me want to have a little one around again. Almost.

    ReplyDelete