Wednesday, January 11, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Just Ducky Chadwick

In a strange turn of events, I think it's because I love this one so much that it keeps getting pushed to the side. I used the promise of it back in October to tackle a pile of finishing. Then it was set to the side for the rest of my holiday knitting, with full knowledge that it would travel to MN with me and be my reward vacation knitting.


All well and good, or at least I thought so. Then I passed the halfway mark only to discover that I had unintentionally made a "design modification." See that band of three Chestnut stripes in the sea of Mallard? Those are supposed to be purl ridges.

I don't know if I had the pattern wrong in my head from the start, or if the stopping and starting caused me to forget that detail. Crazy thing is I even wondered while knitting them, "Hmmm. Why did he start these rows on the opposite side?" Doh.

To frog or not to frog? It was good timing that I had a TFA Knitalong to cast on for in January and reason to set this aside for a good think. At the moment I'm leaning towards embracing my unintentional individuality and carrying on — although I do have moments of wanting to just rip back and do it "right." But then I wonder how much that's prompted by my desire to hang onto this WIP just a little bit longer.

So I'm throwing the question out to you. To frog or not to frog? That is today's question.

1 comment:

  1. Don't frog it!!!! No one but you will know. Hope I'm not too late!

    ReplyDelete