Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hats, Hats, CIF Hats

I'm happy to report that I'm done with my Craft It Forward projects, not that I didn't have fun with all of them. It was a great chance to knit some items I'd had my eye on, and the last one gave me a chance to do some basic colorwork before I launch into the Fiddlehead Mitts I chose as one of my 2011 knitting goals.

The happiness comes more from being able to cross something off my master to-do list (the one that lives in my mind mostly, and is always more ambitious than time and life warrant). First up was a sweet little hat I loved the moment I saw it. But I also knew that it would not be flattering on me. I do think it will suit Jessi, but if not, she need never tell me. And since we no longer work together (she's in MN) she doesn't even have to pretend to wear it this coming winter.


Pattern: gwynedd hat by Cecily Glowik MacDonald
Yarn: KnitPicks Merino Style (silver)

Not being a Dr. Who fan, I don't fully appreciate the allure of this hat. However, I do know that Kristin has been talking about my teaching her to knit for about two years now just so that she could own one. That's fangirl dedication. Realistically, it's hardly a starter project, but it was a good starter colorwork project for me.


Pattern:  (re)TARDIS Hat by Jen Bruck
Yarn: KnitPicks Shine Worsted (French blue, white, black)

1 comment: