Saturday, February 5, 2011

2011 FOs: Sugar and Spice

How can it be February already? This year the calendar seems as caffeinated as I've been to keep up with everyday life. To start, an FO that's a first and old hat all at once. It's the first FO that's been worn multiple times before getting documented here. (It was photographed back in mid-January, though.) It's also the third of the back-to-back Saroyans I've knit. This one for me, using yarn purchased during the trip to Taos. I'm pretty sure I'm done with this pattern ... for now, at least.

Pattern: Saroyan 

After those multiple leafy, lacy scarfs, is it any wonder I was craving something bolder and faster to knit? When my friend Chris posted a Craft It Forward invitation on Facebook, I jumped right on board. And when I found this stunning handspun in the inoxia studios Etsy shop, I snapped it up for Jane, who has signed on as one of the five people I'm passing the the crafting on to. The hardest part about this project was finding a stitch "pattern" that let the yarn shine. I settled on a simple K1P1, which also gives the cowl plenty of stretch.


And, yes, that is snow. And, no, this wasn't taken in MN. That's NM snow you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment