Sunday, February 21, 2010

FO: Trio of Hats, Ravelympics Fortitude

Just to be clear: I haven't thrown in the proverbial towel on my Moderne Log Cabin blanket.

Rather, thanks to the wise words of McMary, I've reframed my perspective. The new goal? A personal best, which really couldn't be more achievable given that this is my first Ravelympics appearance. So let's see just how much I can get done in the remaining Olympics week. And let's be smart about competing — like the marathon winding session this morning of all remaining blanket yarn (with an assist from Izzy).


As the weekend comes to a close, here's the current standing: one block (#5) down and another well on its way. Not to mention a renewed appreciation of the miles of Zen this project offers.

Oh yeah, and just to appease that crazy type-A part of my personality, I made and attached the tassels on my trio of hats WIP. Knitting was done a few weeks ago, but I just don't enjoy making pompoms, tassels, etc. Seriously, the amount of angst (and procrastination) produced by these finishing details is crazy.

1 comment: